Tuesday 6 June 2017

Lt Cdr Sandhya Chauhan..


The first woman to lead the navy’s marching contingent this Republic Day, lieutenant commander Sandhya Chauhan is the pride of both her country and her state, Haryana. Her poise before US President Barack Obama at Rajpath on a rainy January 26 morning was a sign of confidence that women are gaining in the country and the long strides they have taken in the armed forces though combat roles. She comes from one of the worst districts in terms of sex ratio. It was her father’s desire to see her in the armed forces. He passed away when she was in Class 12 but she made his dream come true. Her elder brother is an army officer. She is married in Gurgaon and her husband is also a naval officer. Lt Cdr Chauhan is an observer for Dornier 228 aircraft at the INS base in Visakhapatnam with nearly 1,000 hours of flying under her belt.

What did it take to be an achiever?

It is the realistic understanding of the difference between what I am and what I am capable of being. Channelising efforts helps us reach the desired state that we refer to as our goal. Understanding one’s capabilities, setting goals, and having aspirations are the stepping stones to being an achiever. Every great success starts with an inspiration but not every inspiration leads to success. That is where motivation, perseverance, adaptability, dedication to the vision, and support structure come in.

Read Also :
» Tathagat Tulsi: The child prodigy
» Tension का ग्लास..


Who is your inspiration and why?

During the initial years, it was my father, who was a respected farmer with vision and dreams. His desire to see his daughter as a government officer with influential status, even though he lived in the backyards of a male-dominated society, was a motivating factor in itself. To get into the armed forces, I looked upon my brother as my inspiration. In service, I drew motivation from my own successes and failures. My husband, who is also a naval officer, is my inspiration now.


What’s your next goal?

It was my father’s desire that I serve the nation. After I complete my tenure in the navy, I’d like to serve the nation with the same zeal and dedication as I do while in uniform. I am yet to decide the specific field of service.

Why is it best time to be young in India?

Today, our country is poised to become an important player at the global level. The youth have an important role to play in India’s growth story as their brimming energy levels makes anything and everything achievable.

Read Also :
» Ravi Singh
» The Eagle - बाज की उड़ानLife Changing Stories


How can the youth be a change-maker?

Youth is a stage of faith, energy and ideas. India’s 65% population that is below 35 holds the energy to change things. Only this energy should be channelised in the right direction. Give your best, keeping personal and national interests in sync.


» Beautiful Destination in South India

                                                           


0 comments:

Post a Comment